Buy Fine Art Prints of my Paintings on Paper, Canvas, More.

Buy Fine Art Prints of my Paintings on Paper, Canvas, More.
Click on image to go to my website. Fine art selling all over the world.

Buy My Art on Posters, Cards, Shirts, more. CLICK ON IMAGE & GO TO MY ZAZZLE SHOPS.

Buy My Art on Posters, Cards, Shirts, more. CLICK ON IMAGE & GO TO MY ZAZZLE SHOPS.
My art on products on all world Zazzle sites. Check top of shop for any sales.

Wednesday 16 September 2009

Linear Perspective in Fine Art


This is a poster of my painting, Covered Bridge. This painting is done using linear perspective. Linear perspective assists viewers in seeing a 3 dimensional object on a flat surface. The edges or lines, i.e. the right edge of the roof on my bridge, recedes from the viewer as does the right bottom edge of the bridge. These edges converge at a central point (vanishing point) on the horizon line (eye line). My painting is done in 2 point perspective; both the front and right sides of the bridge converge to 2 vanishing points on the horizon line.

There is also 1 point perspective and 3 point perspective. In one point perspective, one side of the object faces the viewer, the second side recedes. Therefore all lines converge to a single vanishing point on the horizon line. In Leonardo da Vinci’s famous painting, The Last Supper, the artist used 1 point perspective. While the table front faces the viewer, all other lines lead and converge at the Christ figure’s head, the vanishing point.

This is a brief description of linear perspective. It is important that artists ensure viewers are not trapped in the background‘s vanishing points & I will review later how artists can achieve this objective.

Images of my painting, The Covered Bridge, are available currently as a poster and mousepad at my Zazzle shop. I will be adding images to more products. The original painting was sold.

I sell my original paintings and fine art greeting cards at my Etsy internet shop. Shipping is free world wide for all my original paintings. Fine art prints on archival paper or canvas are sold at my Fine Art America shop. Links to these internet shops are at the top of this site.

[Click on title of post to go to my Zazzle internet shop. Choose my art & product. Select the colour, style & size.]


http://www.blogcatalog.com/directory/art/

No comments: