Buy Fine Art Prints of my Paintings on Paper, Canvas, More.

Buy Fine Art Prints of my Paintings on Paper, Canvas, More.
Click on image to go to my website. Fine art selling all over the world.

Buy My Art on Posters, Cards, Shirts, more. CLICK ON IMAGE & GO TO MY ZAZZLE SHOPS.

Buy My Art on Posters, Cards, Shirts, more. CLICK ON IMAGE & GO TO MY ZAZZLE SHOPS.
My art on products on all world Zazzle sites. Check top of shop for any sales.

Sunday 27 July 2008

Abstraction of Representational Art-Orchids in Abstract


Orchids in Abstract
Acrylic on wrapped canvas
on wood stretcher bars,
25.5 by 30.6 by 1.9 cm, 10 by 12 by 0.75 inches,

I am a representational artist and this is one of my few attempts at abstract art. I liked the shapes of the orchids and wanted to paint them in an abstract theme. I believe I achieved drama by painting the flowers close to the picture plane and in a frontal view. I also wanted to achieve animation and movement with the repetition of the petals and colors. Others have told me that I also achieved unity. These elements and principles of art also apply to other forms of art, i.e. representational art. I do not know if the painting is attractive and exciting to others but I hope you enjoy this work.

No comments: